Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Examenes, Shopping, Madrid

Hello all!

Madrid was awesome, and I think I saw more police than I did actual people! I was out until 5am on la dia de hispanidad dancing and having a great time with Mexicans, Italians, and Germans who were in the group that I went with. I spoke no english the entire trip, only for about a hour when I saw an old friend from high school at the Palacio Real in Madrid, how random!

I saw the Museo del Prado and the Spanish Parliament as well Both has super tight security, but there have been terrorist attacks across Spain, so its worth it.

It was nice to talk with the Mexicans from the group because they speak without the vosotros and without the weird Spanish accent. They also speak much more clear and slow! I also picked up some Italian over the weekend, I think it would be fun to go to Italy now and try it out since it is similar enough to Spanish!

This week, I have two exams, one is a midterm. After tomorrow, I am going to get a massage at my gym, then I am going with OSU this weekend on a day-long excursion to some Gothic churches to check out the architecure and the style. I am going to Bilbao this weekend with some friends too to see the Gugenhiem. There have been terrorist attacks there, but I will be careful :-)

I am going to Barcelona on the 1st of November with the samegroup that went to Madrid! I am so excited for that!

Hasta luego,

-Esteban

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Esteban you best not get hurt son!