Monday, October 1, 2007

en classe ahora, mas o menos!

So, class today was cancelled (my 2 hour grammar course,) So I am planning travels for next weekend and catching up on emails. Apparently, all hell broke loose at my house in the USA because the internet died. Not too sure what is going on there, but I have helped as much as I can....

The rest of today should be pretty normal. I have conversation, culture, and then work out at my gym, followed by lots of eating and sleeping because neither of those happened much this weekend.

The highlight of my weekend, after getting lost in the mountains, was staying out until 6am at the local discotech. I met some people from England, and I saw lots of my local conversation partners...it was fun! There was this guy who fell over and hit his head on the cement out in the plaza where all the youth hang-out, and nobody called an ambulance until I went over there and examined him. He also was puking on his own vomit from over-drinking. It was interesting because I tried to explain to everyone that I knew what I was doing, but I was not a doctor...haha.

The dude ended up having no permanent injuries, but the medicos said that my skills greatly prevented his risk of serious injuries. I felt great afterwards, and there were a bunch of people who wanted me to drink with them. I politely declined J

I hope everything in the USA is going well. Please pray for the Monks in Burma. The violence there is terrible, and with the help of the UN and other international pressures, the Burma Junta will fall!

Peace to all,

Stephen

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha oh hodges, you staying out in da club until 6 in the monin'...nice