Saturday, August 23, 2008

Hello from Tanzania!

Hello all,

First of all, Tanzania has been one of the most incredible and different experiences of my entire life. It has opened my eyes to how most the world lives. I am in good physical health, and I have one more day until I go on Safari!

Don, Jenny, Carol and I have been traveling to local markets and micro-enterprises to research how business functions here. We have visited the country-side, local markets, and have met many many "Rafiki" who have introduced themselves as "Jambo Mzungu!" It is amazing to see the culture mixing between European influence, tribal influence, and pan-African influence.

It is hard to put into words what I have experienced here in Tanzania. I cannot wait to come home and show pictures to everybody. Our project research is progressing well, and we will have lots of time to digest what we have seen while we are on Safari.

I miss you all, and I look forward to seeing everyone when I come home this September.

Peace and love!

Stephen

No comments: