Hey all,
I will be away from the internet from Thursday morning until Sunday evening. I might go to an internet cafe while I am away...so leave me comments here, on facebook or via email (stephenmhodges@gmail.com)
During this time, I will be first traveling to Lichtenstein for an afternoon...then to Venice. I will spent Friday-Sunday in Venice exploring and relaxing. It should be nice weather and we have a native Italian going with us...so we are bound to not die! We get to take the CLS the whole way through some nice Swiss roads, and I get to drive too :-)
Venice is going to be great! After Venice, I come back to Karlsruhe for Sunday night and Monday; then leave Tuesday morning for Rome...
I get to see some friends who are coming to visit me before I leave Germany for good. It is strange knowing I have no future plans to come back (at least for a few years.) For the past 3 years I have always known I was going to be in Germany soon. Now that I am leaving, I am not sure when I will be coming back here to see my friends I have met here. The hardest part about this whole trip is saying goodbye to all my coworkers and friends I have met. Its awesome to meet people and revisit them, even if you only get to meet them a few times, but it is always hard to say "see you later this decade." Germany has been a very good place to me, and Karlsruhe finally feels like home. I know the streets, where good bars are, where to eat, etc.
Germany, I think you are amazing. I will miss you.
I miss my friends in Oregon too. But Germany will always have a special place in my heart.
Auf Wiedersehen,
Stephen
PS For photos, here are the links to my facebook albums. You do not need an account to view them:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2139238&l=f1902&id=19711067
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2134545&l=369e8&id=19711067
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment