Hola el mundo!
So, I made it through my first week of school without dropping out! Okay, una broma, but school is so awesome so far!
As a group, we have traveled around the old town of Santander, and gone to the Picos de Europa, a mountain range about 120 km from the city. During the trip to Picos, we took a gondola 800 meters up the side of the mountains and then had an hour and a half to be free. I, of course, wanted to go hiking, so I ended up walking WAY too far into this high altitude valley (SO beautiful) and I almost missed the gondola on the way back down. I ended up covering 7 KM in about 50 minutes overall...not too bad, especially since I was running slow due to my backpack and the altitude (2500meters roughly.) So I ended up going on a nice run (I am SO sore today) instead of a hike!
I also had the opportunity to touch a piece of the Cross that Jesus died on...that was REALLY cool, and unexpected because I didn't bother reading the trip itinerary. It is supposed to be the largest remaining piece of the Cross in the world. Whether it is, or not, it was WAY awesome! I also read some 1000 year old books (not made of paper, but rather cow stomach) and I was also inside of a 1000 year old church. That trip was super awesome but prevented me from going out last night, so I slept 14 hours instead. It was a nice trade off!
Tonight, I am heading out to grab some coffee with "some people" (meaning 7 girls) and then out to a club called "Aguafuego." If you can figure out the translation, you can probably figure out what drinks they specialize in! But of course, I am not drinking here in Spain because I am being a good roll model for my students :-) Only wine with all my meals, and home-made Sangria on the weekends...;-)
That is life! I hope you all are well. Go Beavers, good luck beating UCLA! Congrats to Dale (yes, RA Dale) for going to the game!!!
Con amor,
Sr. Esteban Hodges III
Saturday, September 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment