Moi, allo, al-marhaba!
Finland (Finnish), and Australians are the nicest people in the world!
It has been a very awesome experience to meet people from around the world and travel to the awesome sights of Sevilla. Between the UNO with Aussies and the Finnish lessons during the night with my room mates, I made some great friends and I have learned much about the world.
Granada is a fantastic city that is half spanish and half arabic. Most of the signs are in both spanish and arabic, and there is alot of arabic tea shops and restaurants. It is common to have tea with friends for social occasions, and I wish I was here for a few more days just to have the fantastic tea!
Doing business is even different as well. Prices are negotiable, but are usually hard to change if you don't speak rapid spanish. I feel like I am in the middle east! I hear muslim prayer calls 5 times per day, and most people here have ethnicities from Northern Africa. It is a fantastic culture here, and tomorrow I will be in a completely different culture in Santander, Spain!
I am very excited to meet my host mom and begin my life as a Spanish college student!
Time for me to go enjoy some Moorish Tea and some tapas!
Adios,
Sr. Esteban
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment