Saturday, July 26, 2008

Randy Pausch and my bad luck

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7526743.stm

RIP Randy Pausch

I did not know Professor Pausch, but I did see his famous lecture that he shared over his personal webpage and over youtube. Look for it...its called "last lecture" and it is an amazing piece of broadcasting that touched my life.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nwO7EnM0zWM

Randy was an incredible man who lead a nice life but was sadly killed by cancer today, July 25th, 2008. He was only 47. He did nothing except for help people and teach not only computer science, but good moral ethnics and life lessons. It is people like Randy that remind me to stay up all night working for the Relay for Life, and do my part to stop cancer once for good.

Otherwise, I am in a pretty good mood from having a nice relaxing weekend. I saw another technical museum and seeing a very nice town called Speyer, and also see the castel of Heidelberg. More english than german there...

I have the worst luck when it comes to social gathering planning. There have been so many times here in Germany, and even a few times in the USA when friends have a party or something planned for an evening then I try to come along and it NEVER happens. Something weird happens that prevents such party from taking place, or prevents me or my friends from joining. Tried to go out tonight, and of course, I was on my way home before I could even hear the dance music...

Anyways, Party on!

No comments: