I had a most excellent weekend! Last week of work almost killed me with all the interviews I had to conduct and the start of writing my report...geeze...this week is not going to be as hard but still lots of work because I have more interviews and a large section of my propsal is due Friday.
..but I am going camping in the Alps starting Thursday :-)
Anyways, this weekend!
Marc-Andre went to OSU as an exchange student in BA 260 this term. We kept in contact and he picked me up from Frankfurt on saturday morning. After a night of partying at "Das Fest" in Karlsruhe, it was nice to just walk around and just relax with Marc-Andre since Das Fest was nuts! I saw Marc's univeristy and his wonderful hometown before having an excellent dinner with his family. Before dinner though, we went to a HUGE museum that has thousands of cars, tanks, planes, and anything else technical! Highlights of the museum were seeing the Concorde Jet and its CCCP counterpart, seeing a bunch of creepy old Nazi tanks and metals, viewing TWO Ferrari F40's, seeing one of MAN's first diesel motors (24 cylinders!) and seeing Hitler's personal Mercedes. Yeah, Creepy....but seeing some old trains from the 1910's made up for the creepiness of seeing that old black Mercedes...
That night, a hurricane (not really) decided to come to our town. In two minutes, lightning and thunder came and I ran from the car into the bar in only 50 minutes and I felt as if I had been on a disneyland boating ride.
That night in the bar was susposed to be quiet....but we combined our forces with a bachelorette party and then most of the attention was focused on me and my terrible German. I spoke it almost all night! Highlights of the evening include me singing "Quit playing games" to the Bachelorette, having awesome dark german beer (dunkelschwarzbier!) then dancing the night away in a party in the middle of this field with my new friends...it was the best night I have had in a while!
Today I went and say Frankfurt. Very old and very new at the same time! There is a Starbucks located at the stock exchange....nice product placement...I also went to an American Bar for nice burgers for lunch *mmm!* and yeah! It was awesome!
Don't party too much everyone....
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment